5 Top Tips for Scrapping your Car – 2nd June 2014
When you decide to scrap your car, it’s important to ensure that you do it legally and that you’re getting the best value for your old vehicle.
A good idea is to follow these top tips for scrapping your used car:
• Use a legal company. Ensure that the company you choose is an authorised scrap car recycling centre. If it’s not, you could be faced with fines from the DVLA.
• Choose an environmentally friendly service. Make sure you choose an ethical company that’s going to treat your old car in the right way. You don’t want any chemicals from the vehicle being poured down the drain and harming the environment.
• Make sure your scrap car is properly recycled. Government laws state that all vehicles being scrapped must be recycled. As much as 85% of a vehicle can be recycled, so make sure yours isn’t broken up and sent to landfill.
• Get your car collected. If your motor’s not taxed and insured then you need to find a scrap car collection company who can arrange to collect your car from your home or business premises.
• Check a scrap car company’s online reviews. They are a great way to see if a company is likely to provide a good service and you’ll find that consumers aren’t shy about coming forward with their views – especially if they’ve received a poor service.
We Scrap Any Motor is the premier car scrapping company in Birmingham. To find out how much your car is worth, simply fill in and submit the ‘Scrap My Car’ form on the company’s website.